In a recent letter from our Kenyan Coordinator Jona Otieno his first paragraph pretty much sums it up;
“On behalf of Nyang’idi Village at large, our Rafiki Pen pal Society and Segere High School, I express my deepest gratitude, for the hearts, hands and minds in Australia that have made it possible for us to be benefactors to such a wide range of opportunities.”
These opportunities include;
- 100 packs of REUSABLE Sanitary pads for girls at Segere High School, enabling them to continue their education.
- 60 more mosquito nets to keep people safe from malaria.
- Permaculture Design Certificate (PDC) Training for 4 villagers so that they can teach the community to increase food security and sustainability.
- A laptop, story books, textbooks, pencils, pens and more for the community learning library.
- Materials and financial support for the sewing group to develop a sustainable business and train disadvantaged women in sewing skills that will empower them and their families.
- Village visits from 2 families from Australia creating bridging cultures and creating friendships for life.
(AND THATS ALL IN THE LAST 2 MONTHS!!!!)
From the depths of my heart I thank everyone who has supported these positive change in Kenya.